Hi! I’m currently building an agent builder for business startups, and I’ve run into a limitation that blocks part of my long-term vision: multi-agent support.
From what I can see, multi-agent systems aren’t currently supported in the AI SDK. I wanted to raise this because multi-agent workflows are becoming increasingly important for building more complex AI systems.
For example, Google’s Agent SDK already supports multi-agent architectures:

Agent Development Kit (ADK)
Build powerful multi-agent systems with Agent Development Kit (ADK)
It would be great to see something similar supported in the AI SDK. Right now, the lack of multi-agent support makes it difficult to implement the architecture I’m aiming for. While I know Vercel offers workflow orchestration, it doesn’t quite cover the same use case or flexibility that true multi-agent systems provide.
I’d love to keep building on top of the AI SDK, but without this capability it may eventually require migrating the project to a different framework—which would be unfortunate given everything already built on top of it.
Is multi-agent support something that might be considered in the roadmap?