Hi,
I'm seeing a SIGTERM log on successful function executions whenever setting maxDuration = 1800.
My function configuration is:
- Next.js 16 App Router
- Node 22
- Fluide compute enabled
- maxDuration = 1800
And the log is:
Application exited with code 143 (SIGTERM).
It's reported at error level even though the request and all background work complete successfully. The function returns well before the 1800s limit and I'm not seeing a FUNCTION_INVOCATION_TIMEOUT log.
The only documentation I'm seeing on the SIGTERM signal within Vercel is here: https://vercel.com/docs/functions/functions-api-reference#sigterm-signal, which indicates that this can be handled using the following:
process.on('SIGTERM', () => {// Perform cleanup operations here});My questions are:
- Is this expected behavior for functions using
maxDuration = 1800(or any extended duration over 800s)? - Is there a recommended way to distinguish this from a SIGTERM that genuinely interrupts an invocation?
The application behavior appear correct, but the default logging behavior is noisy, and I'm unsure whether blanket suppressing them using the SIGTERM handler above could hide actual errors. Happy to provide more information or reproduction code if necessary. Thanks in advance!