Hi Vercel team and community,
I'm locked out of a Pro team account. At login I'm asked for a 2FA / recovery code that was never intentionally configured — no authenticator app was ever set up and I have no recovery codes.
What I've already tried:
- Email + OTP login → still hits the 2FA wall
- "Continue with GitHub" (the linked provider) → still hits the 2FA wall
- CLI is installed but its token expired, so re-login hits the same wall
- Completed the self-service "Recover account access without 2FA" flow. A verified recovery request was submitted and support case 01501990 was opened.
Context: I have full access to the account email and to the linked GitHub organization, and I can provide any proof of ownership needed. This is a team account with production apps affected, so it's time-sensitive.
Two questions:
- Could a staff member please help escalate case 01501990?
- To anyone who's been locked out by a 2FA they never set up: how long did resolution take, and did anything help speed it up? Also — could this be team-level 2FA enforcement rather than something I enabled myself?
For security I'm not posting the account email here, but I'm happy to share any details privately with staff. Thanks a lot for any help.