Hi everyone,
I’m Nick, the maintainer of **Agentic Awesome Skills **(AAS), and I’m excited to share the project here as part of the Vercel Open Source Program.
Agentic Awesome Skills is an open-source library of 2,400+ reusable SKILL.md playbooks for AI coding agents.
The idea behind AAS is simple: instead of rebuilding instructions and workflows every time you start a new project or switch agents, you can give your agent access to specialized, reusable skills for development, security, design, data analysis, DevOps, testing, research, documentation, and many other domains.
Today the project supports workflows across tools including OpenAI Codex, Claude Code, Cursor, Gemini CLI, GitHub Copilot, Kiro, OpenCode and others.
AAS Core
More recently, I started building AAS Core, the layer that turns the skill library into something agents can actually navigate themselves.
With Core, an agent such as Codex or Claude can inspect a project, search the AAS catalog, read the complete skills, select the ones it needs, compose a stack and generate a plan that the user can review before anything is changed.
The goal is to move from:
“Here are thousands of prompts, pick one.”
to:
“Here is a reusable capability layer that the agent can inspect and work with.”
The ecosystem.
Alongside the repository, AAS now includes:
- 2,400+ installable skills
- AAS Core for agent-driven discovery and stack composition
- a searchable web catalog
- a browser-based Workbench for reviewing stacks and plans
- specialized skill plugins and bundles
- CLI installation across multiple AI coding environments
- documentation and machine-readable manifests for integrations
The project recently passed 47,000 GitHub stars, and the community around it has grown far beyond what I expected when I started building it.
AAS is completely open source, and I’m particularly interested in making skills portable instead of locking workflows to a single model, IDE or agent platform.
Being selected for the Vercel Open Source Program will help me keep expanding the web infrastructure around the project, including the catalog, documentation and tools built on top of the repository.
Project: https://aaskills.tech/
GitHub: https://github.com/sickn33/agentic-awesome-skills
Social: https://x.com/AASkills_
I’d love to hear how other builders are approaching reusable capabilities for agents, and especially what you would want an agent skill ecosystem like AAS to support next.
